Monday, July 4, 2022

Money Diary #129

Morning: Up around 8, head to the bathroom, and fall back asleep. Wake back up at 10:15, migrate to the sofa, and watch KUWTK. Dermaplane my face, brush my teeth, and shower. Get dressed to head to his friend's place for barbeque. 

Afternoon: Lunch is a bbq'd chicken leg, two things of ribs, a burger with pepper jack cheese, grilled corn with Kerrygold butter, and a slice of key lime pie. SO and his friends sit outside and a couple of them go swimming. I stay inside in the air conditioning and read a few money diaries. Here is what I learn:

  • Small footnote in the story: "My then-boyfriend-now-husband and I were long distance at 22 and it felt like SUCH a defining part of our relationship. Eight years later and I honestly forget about that year sometimes! It's such a small footnote in our story."
  • Contrast: "That she has a 'hefty' trust fund that she doesn't know or even want to know the value of is mind-boggling to someone who worries about the impact on my financial situation of every single purchase I make." 
  • "I am here": "I feel like having a bf was the only thing that made me feel 'together' and adult so losing that forced me to come to terms with how behind in life I feel. My friends from college are investment bankers and consultants and product managers at huge tech companies and they're making six figures and traveling and living in luxury apartments. And I am...here."

  • Make choices that you want to make: "As long as you make the choices that you want to make and are right for you, you'll be just fine."
Drop off food at his mom's place and then come home & pass out on the couch. 

Evening: Call parents and Mom reminds me to bring back butter & the ice pack. I tell them that I'll start after 9 in the morning tomorrow. Eat a couple of ribs, drink a glass of Coke, and brush my teeth. Do the activated charcoal mouthwash, watch KUWTK, and bed around 11. 


No comments:

Post a Comment