Sunday, July 3, 2022

Money Diary #128

Morning: Up around 8 and head to the bathroom. Fall back into bed, and the next thing I know, it's 10:15. Get up, brush my teeth, and migrate to the sofa to watch KUWTK. He is already up and playing on the computer. He goes to shower and then gets dressed. We head out to a local ramen place to meet up with his friends for lunch. 

Afternoon: His friends are already there and have ordered by the time we get to the ramen place. There is one kiosk to order, and the person who is ordering is taking her sweet time reading each item on the kiosk menu. I exchange glances with the guy in front of us, and SO goes to sit at the table with his friends. He motions me over, so I sit and watch the woman take several more minutes to place an order. Finally, the guy in front of us and his significant other get to the kiosk, and after a couple of minutes, he motions me over as they are done ordering. SO gets tonkotsu ramen and I get red curry ramen. Both of our bowls come pretty quickly, and I take a sip of the broth from SO's ramen. It's really tasty and I like it. My red curry is also really good -- I had low expectations of this place, and they've definitely been exceeded. The red curry comes with three tempura shrimp, and I give SO one of the shrimps. He gives me some of his ramen, and I finish 75% of my red curry bowl. He finishes the rest. During lunch, we decide to grill at his friend's place for tomorrow, so we head to Costco where he buys ribs, hamburger buns, "summer flavors" of La Croix, and a key lime pie. There are samples galore, so we have lunch part 2 here -- mango slices (twice), sausage with jalapeno (once), ice cream with berries (once), guava drink (once), hot dog + pickle (once), hamburger (once), plantains (once for him, none for me), and we pass on the hot dog since we're so stuffed, lol. Head to his friend's place to drop stuff off for tomorrow's barbeque. Then to Albertsons to buy 10 ears of corn, lettuce, and strawberry/lemonade ice cream ($6.18). The ears of corn and lettuce will be for tomorrow. Come back home & pass out on the couch since it's so hot outside. He defrosts ground beef for tomorrow's barbeque and gives me a bowl of the ice cream we just bought. It's pretty yummy.

Evening: Around 6, he wants to head to Walmart to buy more meat for tomorrow, so I get dressed and we head out. He gets two packs of drumsticks, sauerkraut, and slices of pepperjack cheese. Come back home to drop the groceries off, he grabs a guava La Croix for me, and then we head to Ross. The guava is pretty tasty, and I like it. Ross is busy, and we don't find anything interesting. We head to his friend's boba store, but the friend isn't there, so we head back home. I watch him play GT7, and he warms up a couple of slices of leftover pizza for me. He grabs a mango beer from the fridge, and like yesterday's grape beer, it's more juice than alcohol. I drink some and he drinks the rest. I watch Hulu on the tablet, and I like this the best -- since he is in the living room playing GT7, and I'm in the same room watching KUTWK. Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • Reminder: "Everything happens for a reason, and I have the rest of my life to find out why."
  • Another reminder: "Happiness, mental health, and peace of mind are more important than dollars and cents."

Do the activated charcoal mouthwash and bed around 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment