Saturday, July 2, 2022

Money Diary #125

Morning: Up at 6:45, see work emails, and migrate to the sofa. He showers & kisses me goodbye as he heads to work. He tells me that we might be headed over to his friend's place tonight. A couple of projects come in, so I start working on those. Prep for my meeting with my boss tomorrow. Watch Keeping up with the Kardashians and sign into my 10:30 call. During the middle of it, another call comes, which I later see is my dad asking that I call as soon as I can. Once my meeting ends, I call back & there are water issues at home, and he'll call back later. Sigh.

Afternoon: Head to my noon call that ends in half an hour and then jump on my 1 pm webcast with the entire department. My boss's boss makes announcements about the department and what is next. I call my dad afterwards who says the water issues are fixed thankfully and I walk him through what's happening at work. When he tells me how much it cost for the water issues, I try to remind myself that while the issues are not caused by us, peace of mind is priceless & money that should be spent should be spent. After I speak with him, I warm up a cheeseburger for lunch and wash it down with a glass of Sprite Zero. I read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • Small moments: "The bricks of any relationship, kid or adult, are the small moments that you build into a solid wall."
  • Lean into moments of kindness: "It's about choosing to lean into moments of kindness when they arise."
  • The spectrum: "Becoming famous is amazing. Being famous is a mixed bag. Losing fame is miserable."

Evening: SO comes home and we hang out for a bit. I get started on a project that came in and decide to finish it tomorrow. Get dressed and we head out to the local outlet mall. He gets shorts & shoes and then we head to IKEA for dinner. He is on a call, so I order two plates of chicken tenders with double fries, two drinks, and a slice of daim cake. Since it's Thursday, we get 50% off one of the entrees, so the total is $18.15. The cake is divine, and I tell him it'll become a permanent fixture in our IKEA meals. We head home, watch TV, and bed around 11.

Eating out = $18.15

Total = $18.15

No comments:

Post a Comment