Friday, June 3, 2022

Money Diary #97

Morning: Wake up around 8, brush my teeth, and take laundry out of the dryer & dump it in one of the guest bedrooms. Log on to review a project. He kisses me goodbye and heads to work. I pack up my laptop, call my dad, and head back to parents' place. Once I'm back there, take a shower. Eat a croissant and drink a cup of tea for breakfast. Keep an eye out on my inbox.

Afternoon: Jump on a noon call that ends at 1. Jot down some notes for the meeting with my manager next week, and complete a project that came in. Lunch is rice, spinach from the garden, and fish stew. Get dressed to head to the appraiser's office with Dad. We go there, and the lady is very helpful & gives us a form to complete. We'll fill it out at home and bring it back to her. Stop by Chick-Fil-A for 12 nuggets & 2 large waffle fries. Once we're back home, fall asleep for a bit. Wake up, read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • A good reminder: "It's only work if you would rather be doing something else. Find a way to carve a career out of what you already want to do."
  • Buying vs renting: "Buying gives you a short term risk of losing 100k's of equity. Renting gives you a long term risk of losing 100k's in additional housing payments."
  • Paycheck to paycheck: "Above a certain threshold, living paycheck to paycheck is about managing expenses. Below that, it’s about not having enough money, period."
Split nuggets with Dad for a snack, and everyone has fries & a cup of tea. Send a message to a colleague to see if a project will be coming in this evening or tomorrow morning for review. She replies that it'll likely be tomorrow morning. 

Evening: Veg on the couch and watch TV. Dinner is rice and fish stew. Split a dessert with Mom and share watermelon with Dad. Brush my teeth and bed around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment