Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Money Diary #109

Morning: Wake up at 6, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Make scrambled eggs & have a piece of toast and another cup of tea for breakfast. Do a mask on my face and wax my eyebrows. Go shower, shave my legs, and use soap on my hair. 

Afternoon: Eat lunch of spicy salmon curry and rice. Mom packs food for me to take back to SO (more spicy salmon curry, rice, veggies, and goat stew). Do the coconut oil pull, and as I'm doing it, my boss's boss calls. I immediately spit out coconut oil in the trash and answer the phone. We're chatting about the expat position and I have a few questions which she kindly walks me through. Once that is done, I jump on a call with our interns that ends in 30 minutes. I offer to be a resume/interview prep resource for them as I know they are heading into job interviews for next summer in a couple of months. My boss texts and asks if she can move up our afternoon meeting to 2 -- I immediately say yes as I want to tell her what her boss told me, lol. Head to that meeting, and her first question is exactly that, haha. She tells me how she and her husband were chatting about the possibility of my doing an expat position at dinner last night. I ask her some questions, get her feedback on my resume, and then I'm done with meetings for the day. I air fry spring rolls and everyone has that with a cup of tea for an afternoon snack. I get dressed to head back to SO's place, and once I'm there, I return a friend's call. She is in meetings & says she'll call me back. I also text SO that I'm here, and he says he'll be bringing me some food from his work, haha.

Evening: SO comes home with a big ol' plate of fried chicken, mac & cheese, and meatballs. I immediately dive in, lol, and in between bites, tell him about my boss's exciting news & his thoughts on my applying to the expat position. He is very impressed with my boss's new role and encourages me to apply to the expat position. Watch Titanic for a while, then The Mentalist, and brush my teeth & do the activated charcoal mouthwash. Fall asleep around 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment