Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Money Diary #108

Morning: Get up around 6, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Go shower, eat toast & have another cup of tea for breakfast, and sign into a webcast around 8. Head to a 9 am meeting after that that ends at 10. Jump on a call with my boss and another colleague which goes half an hour and then I speak with my boss one-on-one on a few questions. 

Afternoon: Jump on a 12:30 call that ends at 1, and eat lunch of rice & goat stew. Jot down some notes for my meeting with my boss tomorrow. Read for a while on how "lifestyle creep is real. Lots of high-earners living paycheck to paycheck on $1 million. When you literally spend every day hating your job, you need to spend a load of cash to keep yourself from rage-quitting. I bet this is the case. They spend money to distract; to get a high in between job-related lows. Over time, more money is needed to as the novelty of distraction wears off and tolerance increases. It's a vicious cycle." Have tea for an afternoon snack and watch TV.

Evening: Eat dinner of rice, fish stew, and goat stew. Brush my teeth and bed around 9:30.



No comments:

Post a Comment