Sunday, June 12, 2022

Money Diary #107

Morning: Mom wakes me up around 6:30 since they want to go to the local floral nursery today before it gets too hot. Brush my teeth & drink a cup of tea. Eat toast & drink another cup of tea, get dressed, and head out. Get gas in my car since I'll be heading back to SO later this week, and then head to Albertsons to get free cauliflower pizza (one on my card & another on theirs), two pints of Blue Bell ice cream (vanilla), and bananas for SO, lol. Dad weighs the bananas to ensure they are almost 4 pounds since that is the max poundage that falls under the $0.29/lb deal, haha. Come home, put everything in the fridge/freezer since it's so hot out, and head to the nursery. We see our neighbors there as well, and walk around for a while. It's pretty nice but nothing catches my parents' eye this time around. Come home, immediately go shower, and then watch the Sunday morning cartoons (Flintstones & Jetsons). An I Love Lucy marathon starts, and I fall asleep for an hour. Use the air fryer to warm up cheese pizza and Mom adds veggies to that. Drink Fanta, do a coconut oil pull, and veg on the couch.  

Afternoon: Drink tea & split a slice of pizza with Mom for a snack. Manager emails with a job opportunity in another department, so I take a quick look and jot down notes to speak with her about it later this week. She also emails and wants to know if she's needed on a call tomorrow, so I tell her she can skip it & I'll follow up with her afterwards. Read a Money Diary that talks about how "premium brand businesses always seem to thrive. Luxury sells. Branding is everything. The biggest global brands are so successful because they’re recognizable. Simple, clean brands with coherence and continuity." 

Evening: Watch Munsters; eat dinner of rice, a cold summer dish that Mom makes on days it gets super hot, and fish stew; and do a coconut oil pull. Brush my teeth, and my mom tells me it's better to focus my efforts on staying here (over taking the expat position, lol). I read about how "there are certain actions -- such as saving, exercising, and spending time with loved ones -- that practically no one is going to regret." Bed around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment