Sunday, June 12, 2022

Money Diary #102

Morning: Up around 6, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Running errands today with parents, so I go shower & make scrambled eggs for everyone for breakfast. Drink another cup of tea and eat some toast. Head out around 8:15 to our local Chinatown. Around 8:45, boss texts me on our office messenger, and I tell her I'm in the car but happy to chat. She calls me with life-changing news for her. She has gotten a major promotion and will be moving this summer to lead a division in another office. I'm so happy for her but selfishly very sad for me. We make plans to chat later. Once in Chinatown, head to the grocery store for veggies, goat meat, and fish. Then head to the Japanese store next door to grab faux crocs for my dad, lol. The next stop is the bakery where I eat milk toast (yum) and parents get garlic bread. It's around this time that I realize starting next month, I'll have a different boss & don't know what the future looks like for my job. I start getting kind of anxious. We finish eating at the bakery and then hang out outside the Thai restaurant since it's a bit before their 11 am opening. Head inside a couple of minutes before 11 and order panang curry (mild) & 2 veggie fried rices (one medium & another medium-hot). Last stop is the local ethnic store where parents grab veggies and other things.

Afternoon: Back home around 1, eat panang curry & fried rice for lunch, and do a coconut oil pull. Head to a 3 pm meeting which runs until 4:30. Drink tea for a snack. Set up a meeting with a colleague tomorrow, and review a project that comes in during the late afternoon.

Evening: Watch TV, dinner is the leftover Thai food, and brush my teeth. Do a coconut oil pull, feel exhausted from the news this morning, and bed around 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment