Sunday, May 15, 2022

Money Diary #77

Morning: Up around 6:30, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea with some coconut crackers. Go shower, shave my legs for the first time this year, and love the feeling of freshly-shaven legs. Check email, jump on my 10 am call, and once that's over, I respond to an email about the project that I'm leading. Keep an eye out on my inbox and hang out on the sofa. 

Afternoon: Lunch is rice and spicy salmon stew & watch I Love Lucy as we eat. Do a coconut oil pull and watch an episode of Bewitched. Get dressed, Mom packs up the food she made for us, and I head out to SO's place. Once I get there, unload the car and pass out on the couch for a bit with Selling Sunset in the background. Call back a former coworker who had reached out earlier this week, and she's finishing up the work week, so I tell her to call me next week & we can catch up. Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • A good reminder: "Feeling hopeless about money can cause you to be more reckless." 
  • The most obvious secret in investing: "Average returns for an above-average period of time = extreme out-performance."
  • Shaq's candor: "I live in a 30,000 square foot house by myself. You don't think I know I messed up?"
Evening: 

  • Once he is done with work, he drops me off at the mall & heads to the nearby gym. I stop by the Japanese store where they have the sandals my parents were looking for! I call my dad & he tells me to get 4 pairs ($9.74). Head to Bath & Body Works and get a free mini Graphite lotion for my mom. He is done at the gym & comes to pick me up. 
  • Next stop is Costco, where he gets a Champion sweatshirt, two boxes of spring rolls for my parents, a keto brownie mix, and some Herdez salsa. As we're walking around Costco, he gets an email saying we're getting free suite tickets (!!) for the golf tournament tomorrow, and I am so excited about the food (last year was tasty roast beef). Everything we get at Costco is on sale, and when I go to pay, the cashier doesn't have the exact change, so SO pitches in $10, so I end up paying $19.29
  • Back home, more Selling Sunset, and then SO makes garlic chicken alfredo pizza. It's so tasty, and I eat two slices. SO wants to find a shirt from his alma mater for the golf tournament tomorrow, so we head to Academy to find it. We don't find anything, and make fun of a mannequin. I think it's really funny and start giggling. We head to Ross next. He finds a couple of ties and a couple of work shirts, but we don't find the alma mater-specific shirt. Back home, I brush my teeth, and do an activated charcoal mouthwash. More Selling Sunset and bed around 12:30. 

Groceries = $29.03

Total = $29.03

No comments:

Post a Comment