Sunday, May 15, 2022

Money Diary #78

Morning: His alarm goes off at 6:30, I get up & brush my teeth, and shower. Put on sunscreen & face cream, lather my body with lotion, and watch Selling Sunset as he gets ready. Head up to the lake where his sailing team has signed up for volunteer clean up. Once we get there, he goes to clean up with his friend & I fall asleep in the car. Once he is done, we stop briefly to put on sunscreen & then go to the golf tournament. Our free tickets come with valet parking, so we drop off the car first and then head to the entrance. We head to the suites which have air conditioning on full blast, and with my skirt, I have a Marilyn moment, so I'll need to be super careful today. We share a fruit cup and each grab a water. He also gets a coffee. I make a pit stop at a Port-a-Potty that is way out there, and it's my first time using one. Grateful that I am the first person today to be using it, lol. We walk around half of the golf course, and he tells me my face has gotten really red.  

Afternoon: 

  • We head back to the air-conditioned suite and grab tacos (chicken tinga & beef) & charred corn for lunch. Also load up on guacamole, and I have two plates of tacos/corn/guac and am fully stuffed. Though I still make room for three mini espresso cheesecakes, lol. A family sits next to us and the father tells SO about a golfing association. He grabs a mango apricot Michelob Ultra seltzer for me, which is pretty good. (The Black Cherry version isn't great, IMO, though Citrus isn't too bad.) My stomach is so stuffed, but when snack time comes, I obviously grab a pastrami sandwich, pita chips, and spinach & artichoke dip. 
  • We move over to seats that are right above the 17th hole -- they are amazing seats but it is so.f-ing.hot. We sit there for around an hour, see some famous golfers, and the heat gets to me, so I end up moving back under the shade and watching the 18th hole. SO grabs a chocolate ice cream sandwich, which I take a bite of. We are done for the day & head back to the shuttle to the valet. As we're waiting, Nick Faldo (OMG) drives by in a golf cart! Hop on the shuttle & the valet takes us to the car ($2 for tip).    
  • Head to a local sporting goods outlet which is known for having pretty good deals. I don't really see anything that catches my eye until I head to the local teams section. SO had told me about a BOGO deal at Chipotle this coming Monday if you wear our local hockey team's jersey. In the youth part of the local teams section, I spot a shirt for less than $2 for the local hockey team, and while it's not a a jersey (as SO points out), I get it anyways (the XL version since it's a kid size, haha) in the hope that we get the BOGO deal on Monday, lol ($2.09 with tax). Head back home. 

Evening: Once we get home, I watch Selling Sunset, and once that's done, start Bling Empire. Eat the leftover buffalo chicken cauliflower pizza from last night, and he also pours a glass of Draft Pepsi Nitro, which I think is pretty tasty. Read for a while, and it talks about the best way to prepare for a recession ("Be debt free and mortgage free. I could flip burgers and still keep the lights on."). Brush my teeth, do the activated charcoal mouthwash, and shower for the second time today. Bed around midnight.

Miscellaneous = $2

Clothing = $2.09

Total: $4.09

No comments:

Post a Comment