Thursday, May 12, 2022

Money Diary #76

Morning: Up around 6:30, stumble to the sofa, and lay around for a while. Brush my teeth, eat breakfast of buttered toast & a stuffed omelet with peppers and tomatoes, and go shower. SO texts that we're probably going to a golf tournament this weekend. We went to it last year as well, and it's where I discovered my love of watching golf. Super meditative. The project that I'm leading comes in, I offer some feedback, and then run it by my boss & another colleague. Jump on a 11:30 meeting that ends slightly before noon, and then head to another meeting at noon.

Afternoon: My noon call ends in 30 minutes, and then it's lunchtime. Rice and fried fish. Do a coconut oil pull, and lay down on the sofa. I doze off for a few minutes apparently and am awakened by the sound of emails on my phone. My boss sent in a request, so I do that and follow up with another stakeholder. I am back on the sofa and close my eyes when another email comes in, so I respond to that and complete one more project. Have an afternoon snack of air-fried spring rolls & a glass of homemade Thai iced tea (yum).

Evening: Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • On owning a house: "So far owning a house feels like I'm living and sleeping at a second job that I don't want to have."
  • Not heavily but steadily: "I don't invest heavily, but just steadily, in the stock market." 

Dinner is rice, fish stew, and mangoes. Eat homemade cardamom pudding for dessert (which is really tasty). Do a coconut oil pull, brush my teeth, and walk for a while. Bed around 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment