Friday, April 22, 2022

Money Diary #55

Morning: Up at 4:30, check email, and ultimately get out of bed at 6:30. Get an email from work that I was expecting that announces the beginning of the organizational changes. Brush my teeth, drink a cup of tea, and respond to an email from yesterday. Eat a fried egg and drink another cup of tea for breakfast. Jump on my 9 am call with a colleague who looks for people who might be interested in working in one of the other offices. Right after that call, I get an email that knocks me off my game. I stare at it for a while, text my boss, and she, being the awesome person she is, immediately calls me back. She hears the worry in my voice, tells me to not worry, and helps provide perspective. I stare at the computer for a while and don't do anything. I sign into my 11:30 call with my manager and another colleague which ends early, so I jump onto my one-on-one with my manager next.

Afternoon: I ask her how her relative and she are doing, and while she was cheerful on the last call, and she is always the consummate professional, I can tell that her personal news is having an effect. She is truly a superwoman to come back to work so soon, and I hate the fact that I bugged her this morning. I talk through several things with her and head to the 1 pm department meeting. I feel my nerves rising again and sit for the next hour wondering about what to do. My mom knocks on the door, and I realize it's past 2. Eat a very late lunch of rice & fish stew and then take a shower. Prep for meetings tomorrow and mom makes thai tea with really old tea leaves she found in the pantry. Dad drinks it, says it's tasty, and then we all realize it's from over 7 years ago, LOL. 

Evening: Just veg for a while, dinner is rice & fish stew, and another work email comes in, so I sign on and answer that. Bed around 10:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment