Saturday, April 16, 2022

Money Diary #50

Morning: Up around 6:30 after hearing my dad's voice on a Skype call with a friend of his who lives on the other side of the world. Lie in bed for a while and try to predict the organizational changes. I am stressed about it. Brush my teeth and drink an initial cup of tea. Breakfast is a fried egg, buttered toast, and another cup of tea. Go shower & get dressed to go grocery shopping. Lots of veggies at the local Asian grocery store and we're back home at 10:45. I do more research & try to predict the organizational changes. I also read how "there's no point worrying about something until there's something to worry about." Oy vey, I wish I could do that. I pause as another article I'm reading asks, "what would it be like to not put so much pressure on work as the only source of meaning in my life?" Again, oy vey, if I could only do that. Honestly, I have the perfect job -- I enjoy the work that I do, it provides a great deal of personal satisfaction paired with awesome WLB, and most importantly, my manager rocks. 

Afternoon: Lunch is the leftover Chinese from yesterday and wash it down with Coke. I attempt to take a nap but ultimately can't (which is definitely a first for me). A sign that I am anxious & stressed. I watch some golf, eat a Lindor chocolate, and drink tea. Spend some time reading various Money Diaries. 

Evening: Dinner is the last of the Chinese food while watching I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched, brush my teeth, and bed around 10:30.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment