Friday, April 15, 2022

Money Diary #49

Morning: Up at 6:45, Mom lets me know they're heading outside to the garden, and brush my teeth. Text a few colleagues on my phone through the office chat for help on a question for a 7 am meeting next week. One colleague in particular is very helpful and offers to have a quick Zoom call with me, where she provides additional guidance. We chitchat for a while as well and I learn we've lived in a bunch of the same cities! Once that call ends, make scrambled eggs for everyone and have that with a slice of toast & another cup of tea. I read for a while and realize that even though I had started this daily money diary to keep an actual money diary, it's turning more into a journal to recap each day, which I enjoy a lot more. An email comes in letting me know that the 7 am meeting next week is canceled, yay! Go shower & shampoo my hair. 

Afternoon: Parents grab Chinese takeout for lunch to celebrate the holiday, and once they're back, eat Mongolian chicken & rice, fried rice, and lo mein. Wash that down with a mango/ginger energy drink (will not be getting it again, lol). Keep an eye out on email, watch I Love Lucy & Bewitched reruns, and then play old episodes of Scooby-Doo in the background. Fall asleep for half an hour and wake to a few texts from SO. Tell him I fell asleep and that's what he figured, haha. Have an eggroll with a coffee cracker along with a cup of tea for a snack. Peel garlic for my mom, which is oddly satisifying & really meditative. Watch old episodes of Mr. Bean & think about the organizational news. Feel anxious about it and read how "the older I get, the less confidence I have in the future being at all predictable from the past."

Evening: Dinner is leftover Chinese, brush my teeth, and bed around 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment