Thursday, April 14, 2022

Money Diary #48

Morning: Mom wakes me up at 7 to let me know they're heading out to Lowes. I lie in bed for a while, get up around 8, and brush my teeth. Parents come back with some new plants for the garden, and everyone has buttered toast & tea for breakfast. Shower & jump on my back-to-back calls starting at 10. Eat ramen with egg for an early lunch at 11, and jump on my 11:30 Zoom call.

Afternoon: During my noon meeting, I get a meeting cancellation for my 1:30 call, so I read some WSJ articles for a while on how a great manager "understands what somebody needs to be successful and then sets the conditions for them to be successful." My manager is exactly that. Eat half of a boba ice cream bar, head to my 2 pm call, and take a break after it ends at 3:45. A cup of tea afterwards. Text manager a few things on our office chat and then call it a day around 6.

Evening: Walk around the house a bit and eat a Lindor chocolate. Talk to SO about a potential upcoming trip to Miami for the Formula 1 race. He really wants to go & book flights now, but I tell him to make sure with his sister since she works abroad & is coming back to visit next week for a few weeks. I am also okay with not going to Miami (lol) but I have a feeling it will end up happening. Dinner is rice, cauliflower stir fry, and fish stew. Brush my teeth and read a Money Diary on how the diarist is "fiercely independent and love spending time on my own and when I met L, for the first time in my life, I really wasn't looking for anyone and was thriving on my own." Bed around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment