Sunday, April 17, 2022

Money Diary #51

Morning: Up around 7, lie in bed a while, and brush my teeth. One cup of tea, and then family drama for the next 2 hours. Oof, I am so tired of this. Go shower.

Afternoon: Lunch is rice & fish stew. Fall asleep around 1 and don't wake up until almost 4. Read some Money Diaries. Here is what I learn: 

  • On wanting less: "You want a lot less when you aren't being sold and marketed to constantly."
  • On tying in personal finance and personal health: "If I want Chipotle, I make myself walk there and back, which is a 40-minute round trip. It doubles up as exercise & fresh air, and if I'm too lazy to walk, then I don't 'earn' the Chipotle."

  • What financial peace is: "Financial peace lies in what you don't need to talk about."

  • How compulsive spending comes about (and how it's related to compulsive eating): "when lovely things that were off limit growing up are now accessible & I want all of it"

Evening: Tea & some coffee crackers for a late snack. Boss emails with some sad personal news. :-( Watch TV, dinner is rice & fish stew, and brush my teeth. Bed around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment