Friday, April 8, 2022

Money Diary #41

Morning: Up around 6:30, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Look at work emails, do a few projects, and prep for my 9 am meeting which is interesting. One of the attendees rubs me the wrong way, and instead of deciding to bite back, I try a different tactic of making her feel important on an issue that doesn't matter to me. That seems to work, and I make a mental note of that. Go shower, jump on a couple of back-to-back calls with my manager and other colleagues, and then eat an early lunch at 11:30 (rice & fish stew with onions). 

Afternoon: A larger group call at noon followed by a quick one-to-one with my manager. I'll see her on Sunday since we're flying together. Send a couple more emails and log off. Head to SO's place. Once I get there, gather an Amazon package for him since he's at work, pack a few things I'll need for the work trip, and listen to music. Text with SO on what we want to do for dinner. He mentions there is an event happening at the nearby lake (with free food!), so we decide to go there. Sign into a 5 pm Zoom call about careers in my field. 

Evening: Listen to that for a while, take some notes, and then once SO gets home from work, we head to the lake. Eat a sausage taco, some pizza, nachos, and brisket. Also eat a superfood parfait full of strawberries, blueberries, coconut shavings, and chia seeds which is amazing and drink some lemonade. Wash everything down with a vanilla/chocolate frozen yogurt and then take a couple more superfood parfaits to go. YUM. Stop by the local Bath & Body Works since there's a sale on men's body care and we have a couple of free coupons for mini sizes. He gets a mini men's body lotion, and I get another mini men's body lotion along with a couple of full-sized men's lotions (Teakwood & Clear Horizon). After coupons, the total is $9.66. Get home, eat one parfait (will save the other one for breakfast tomorrow), and start watching The Ultimatum. Fall asleep on the couch while watching it, and wake up around 11:45 to go to bed.

Miscellaneous = $9.66 

Total = $9.66

No comments:

Post a Comment