Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Money Diary #40

Morning: Wake up around 7:15, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Jump on a 8 am call with a senior member of the group who is really helpful in putting this week's news in perspective. I always enjoy talking to her and set up some time to connect with her in-person next week. Have a quick 9 am call to go over a project with a colleague and then go shower. See some comments from another stakeholder on a work project that kind of annoys me, and I start my meeting with my manager at 11 with that annoyed vibe. One of the many things I love about working for her is the ability to show how I'm really feeling, why I'm feeling this way, and just the ability to be authentic. We laugh about how we're both feeling these days, I walk through the issues with her, and she gives me really good perspective on how to think about things.   

Afternoon: Lunch is a chicken & chorizo burrito followed by espresso coconut water (which is just as weird as it sounds). Then a long meeting from 12:30 to 4. By the end, I am kind of delirious and am so happy it's over. Eat an afternoon snack of a croissant and drink tea. Try on the clothes I'll be wearing next week for my work trip. 

Evening: Prep for my meetings tomorrow. Eat dinner of fish stew & cauliflower fried rice at 7:30. Wax my eyebrows and they turn out not too bad. Success! Surf the web, brush my teeth, and bed around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment