Friday, March 18, 2022

Money Diary #21

Morning: Wake up around 8 and roam around the house for a bit to wake myself up. As I'm walking, my boss video calls me on the phone, which is weird because she's supposed to be on vacation. I quickly get camera ready, sign in on my laptop, and call her back. She apparently has a last-minute presentation during her pre-scheduled vacation (ugh) and is having laptop issues, so just wanted to double check that I could see and hear her. After my call ends with her, I read a few WSJ articles, including one about how LinkedIn tends "to simply amplify users' offline networks and tendencies, rather than forging new, different, or expanded networks" and how someone "raised in a well-off ZIP code is three times as likely to have a robust network." A project comes in, I review it, and have a couple of questions that I will follow up on next week.  

Afternoon: He warms up the leftover Chinese food from last night, and I eat lunch. He plays GT7 while I brush my teeth and shower. I get dressed (hoodie and these fancy Puma leggings he got for me earlier this year). He WFH all week this week, and I love having him at home. It's so much nicer when he's here during the day. A family friend of his comes over to play tennis. The friend is a teenager, SO is basically a big teenager at heart, and I love watching them interact with each other. I pour a glass of Fresca, keep an eye out on my inbox, and the boys play GT7. Once they are video game'd out, the three of us head over to the nearby high school. The two guys play tennis, and I walk the track and find 26 cents in spare change. 

Evening: His friend wants the Chinese place where we went to dinner last night, so we drive over there where SO gets him a lo mein/teriyaki chicken/orange chicken meal. We then head over to my favorite burger place where he gets a double hamburger meal and I get my favorite melted cheeseburger meal ($19.79). The receipt has one of the "complete this online survey and get a free hamburger on your next visit" coupons, so I will do that tomorrow. We then head over to drop his friend off and we eat our burgers there while he chats with the mom who also gives us fresh strawberries and brown sugar malted Ritz-type crackers (OMG, the crackers are sooo good). We leave there around 11, and once we're back home, he showers and I watch Friends. Bed around 1.

Eating out = $19.79
Spare change found = $0.26
Total = $19.53

No comments:

Post a Comment