Thursday, March 17, 2022

Money Diary #20

Morning: Awake around 9, check email, and brush teeth (yay, for doing it in the morning today). Look over my notes for my 10 am Zoom meeting, do a project that came in yesterday, and jump on the call. The call ends with me being a bit frustrated as I'm not sure why one of the stakeholders doesn't present the real rationale for a request and instead goes into tangentially-related details. I had connected with my manager on this topic beforehand, so I set up another meeting with her and this stakeholder. I try to walk off my frustration a bit and distract myself by completing one more project. SO mentions he wants to head to a St. Patrick's Day Happy Hour with his colleagues this evening and asks if I'm interested in going. Ehh, I'm not a huge bar person, so I look and see what else is around there. There's a Target nearby where I can hang out and people watch. Also make plans to head to a Chinese place for dinner that has HUGE portions (just thinking about it makes me happy). Look at the clock and realize it's almost time for my noon call. 

Afternoon: The noon call ends a bit early, and I write down some reminders to myself. Meetings done for the week! A project comes in, and I look at it quickly. Schedule some time tomorrow to do it, and then keep an eye out on my inbox. I think about what to wear when we go out since it's so hot outside today. I typically wear sweats since that means I have two pockets for phones & a wallet, and I don't like carrying a purse most of the time. A couple more projects come in, so I complete those. Text parents that I'll head back to them this weekend. Get dressed (hat, jeans, and a sweatshirt) and head out. 

Evening: He drops me off at Target, and I walk around and people watch. I also remember why Target is so tempting -- I spot a jersey for my local NFL team, a boba squashmallow (IT'S SO CUTE!!), and a 4-set extra large Corelle plate set. I resist the squashmallow and ultimately decide to get the jersey (on clearance for $8.99) and the plate set for my mom (on clearance for $4.49) (total = $14.59). He calls that he'll pick up some cookies from Insomnia Cookies and asks what flavors I want. I'm okay with any of the flavors, so it'll be a surprise. After he picks me up, we go to the local Chinese place and hope it's still open by the time we get there. It closes at 9:30 and we get there at 9:22. Get three takeout boxes (two for us and one for his mom) -- lo mein, orange chicken/teriyaki chicken/sesame chicken, and chicken kebab-type things. Each box is overflowing, and the total comes to $31.47. We drop off food at his mom's and then head home. Dinner is so tasty, followed by No Time to Die & snuggling on the couch, and I eat a snickerdoodle and part of a salted caramel cookie. Drink a glass of Fresca and bed around midnight.

Clothes/household goods = $14.59
Eating out = $31.47
Total = $46.06

No comments:

Post a Comment