Friday, March 11, 2022

Money Diary #14

Morning: I hear emails on my phone and see it's a bit before 6. Lay in bed until my 7:15 alarm. Get up, Listerine, and jump on my 8 am Zoom call. The meeting goes well, and he gives me a name to follow up with. Jot down some notes to share with my boss, and then I'm done with meetings for the day. He finishes up a call, we watch the finale of The Mentalist (made it through all 7 seasons), and then head out to a local outlet store that is closing their nearby location.  

Afternoon: Everything in the store is 70% off, and we stock up with clothes/shorts/joggers/shoes/socks for him, a sweatshirt for his mom, and a long-sleeved shirt and socks for me. He pays and it's around $125. Walk around the outlets a bit, and as we're heading back to the car, he mentions I should get some shoes since they are so cheap. I'm okay with the shoes that I'm wearing but he insists, so we head back for round 2. The second time around, we get shoes/socks/clothes for him, shoes for his mom, and shoes/hoodie for me. I try to pay for round 2 but he insists on paying again. It's $130 for round 2. I'm starving by this point, so he places a to-go order at our favorite nearby Chinese place. 2 orange chicken lunch specials with another plate of chicken fried rice ($21.70). We pick up the food and head home. We eat and he tries on all his new things. I turn on one of my favorite episodes of The Mentalist and fall asleep for around 45 minutes. 

Evening: He plays GT7 as I lay on the sofa and surf the web. He heads to the gym a short while later, and I watch Friends. When he gets to the gym, he texts me that he has lost the coupon we had for Burger King tonight (HAHA!). An hour or so later, he comes back and finds the coupon next to the coupon drawer and we head out. First stop is Walmart for carrots & onions ($2.72). He'll use those to make Japanese curry this weekend. Then we head to Burger King for 2 Big Fishes (part of the 2 for $5 meal) and our family deal coupon (3 Whoppers, 3 cheeseburgers, and 3 fries for $13). The total comes to $19.43. I tell him that ever since he has been WFH on Fridays, Friday seems like Saturday since I get to spend time with him at home 3 days in a row (YAY!). Last stop is his mom's to drop off burgers and a fish sandwich for her. Once we're back home, we eat dinner (Big Fish + a glass of Coke Zero for me along with some fries) followed by Schitts Creek. Bed around midnight.

Eating out = $41.13
Groceries = $2.72
Total = $43.85

No comments:

Post a Comment