Friday, March 11, 2022

Money Diary #13

Morning: Up around 8:30, Listerine, and sign into a 9:30 Zoom call. The call goes interesting, to say the least. One of the stakeholders couldn't make the call at the last minute and gets called out. The stakeholder who set up the call doesn't like the answer from a second stakeholder and proposes asking an adjacent stakeholder. The second stakeholder, who ultimately is responsible for answering for the initiative, remains firm on their answer. As soon as that call ends, the second stakeholder calls me to vent. We chat/vent for around 30 minutes, and I'm struggling with how the stakeholder who wasn't able to make the meeting was called out. 

Afternoon: My boss pings me about a link to our next call, and I ask her if she has a couple of minutes to chat. I walk her through what happened on the morning call and wonder if calling out the missing stakeholder was simply a power play since the person that did the calling out recently received a promotion. She agrees with that guess, and I make a mental note of that person's character. We also go over a couple of substantive questions she is working on and I have a follow-up action item on that. We jump on our 12:30 webcast followed by a 1 pm call. I draft up an email with the necessary information that she had requested and send that to her after the call ends. Boyfriend sent a bunch of texts this morning about interesting things but I didn't have a chance to read them. Looks like there's a deal going on at IKEA about discounts on food if you buy a certain amount of furniture, so I expect we'll head there next week. A former coworker texts wanting to know where I am, and I promptly delete her message. I really like her personally but didn't appreciate the last work-related conversation we had. Towards the end of that job, I learned "friendliness at a distance," and that's the mantra I carry forward with most former coworkers now. Watch the second Harry Potter.

Evening: He comes home, changes, and heads to help his boba friend transport/unload boxes across town. In case he runs late, he puts my dinner (leftover chicken noodle soup with rice) in the microwave. For the next few hours, I watch Friends and text him that I'll probably eat around 9. He's on his way back and just needs to pick up my honeydew smoothie from the boba shop, so I'll hold on eating dinner until he gets back. Once he gets back, I try the honeydrew smoothie since I'm supposed to provide my feedback on it to his friend, and it's a 6/10 for me. Wintermelon crema, I'll never leave you! Eat dinner and bed around 10:30 since I have an early morning meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment