Saturday, July 16, 2022

Money Diary #140

Morning: Up around 6, brush my teeth, and log on. Yesterday was so busy that I wasn't able to prep for the meeting with my boss this morning. Today is her last day in her role before she moves to her new position on Monday. I review the project that's giving me stress, jot down some notes, and walk through the questions I plan on asking her. Drink a cup of tea & jump on the call with her at 9. I share the news about the colleague whose position was eliminated & other news that I've heard. Then I go over the project that was stressing me out and she's aligned with how I reviewed it. Send a quick message to my new boss to see if I can chat with him next week. Do a dry shampoo and then go shower. 

Afternoon: Current boss sends an email to our admin and myself seeing if we can grab lunch at the end of the month before she moves to her new city. Lunch is a blueberry bagel, do the coconut oil pull, and lounge around. I send a note back to my current boss that I'd love to grab lunch and that I'm okay eating inside if everyone else is since it's so hot outside these days. New boss responds back and I'll reach out to him next week to set up a time. Review a project and then have an afternoon snack of homemade fried hashbrowns & milk tea. 

Evening: Read for a while, and here is what I learn: 

  • Book I want to read: Soul in the Game by Vitaly Gerasimov
  • A good reminder: "Don't fight with people you can lick."
  • Temporary pops in income: "Many of the loans were extended to buyers who had temporary pops in income during the pandemic. Those monthly incomes fell -- sometimes by half -- as the pandemic stimulus programs stopped, and now they look even worse on an inflation-adjusted basis & as the prices of basics in particular are climbing."
Dinner is air-fried focaccia bread with roasted tomato & parmesan and mangoes. Do the coconut oil pull, brush my teeth, and bed around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment