Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Money Diary #115

Morning: Up around 7, check emails on phone, and promptly fall back asleep until 9. Brush my teeth, take meds, migrate to the sofa. Jump on my 9:30 call which ends in 45 minutes. My head feels warm, so I take more meds and watch the 1st Harry Potter. He makes me hot tea, and it feels really nice on my throat. 

Afternoon: Switch over to I Love Lucy and watch that for an hour. Head to my 1 pm meeting that ends in 15 minutes, and I send a follow-up email. A project comes in that I quickly look at and make a note to review it in more detail tomorrow before my meeting with my manager. I'm done with meetings for the day, so I keep an eye out on my inbox, and read for a while. Here is what I learn:

  • On managing people: "If/when you manage people, it’s about them. Get them to where they want to be."
  • On being the tailwind: "Be the tailwind, not the headwind. 'How can I help' are 4 of the most valuable words they can hear."
  • The right person to be promoted: "When a promotion is announced and people stand up and applaud, then that is the right person to be promoted."
Evening: Dinner is leftover spaghetti, brush teeth & do the activated charcoal mouthwash, and bed around 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment