Sunday, June 19, 2022

Money Diary #114

Morning: Up around 7, migrate to the sofa, and promptly fall asleep again. He is still asleep. Wake up around 10 and sleep again. 

Afternoon: Around noon, wake up & warm up spaghetti for lunch. Brush my teeth, use the activated charcoal mouthwash, and get dressed to run errands. SO texts a list of things to get (fried onions, echinacea, face wash, and almond milk) and also texts his Albertsons card number to me. Head to Walmart first, grab the 4 things, and get out of there in 5 minutes ($17.25). Albertsons next to grab our grande drinks from their in-store Starbucks since we each have a coupon. As I'm waiting for the barista to finish the prior customer's drink, the prior customer looks at me and wishes me good luck, lol. I am puzzled since the barista at this store is the most customer-friendly person I've met. I realize soon though that this is a new barista and not the one I was expecting. This new one is, um, not great -- she clearly doesn't want to be here and messes up the orders. I either end up paying for one drink twice or she undercharges me. In any event, after 20 minutes, I pay with a pre-paid Starbucks card & walk out with a chocolate cold brew for him & a mocha frap for me. Back home, I unload groceries and watch Selling Sunset. Fall asleep with US Open on TV. 

Evening: Shower and feel a bit better. Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • The ability to focus on mental health: "6.30am: I’ve set my alarm today for the first time in a couple of months. I feel very privileged to be able to have such an easygoing schedule to focus on mental health at the moment. I appreciate that not everyone has this opportunity."
  • Why I love reading Money Diaries: "I love to know what people spend their money on and what motivates them to spend and what they prioritize with the money they have."
  • Be polite but have a plan to disarm everyone you meet: "Despite his low-key manner and folksy expressions like 'holy moly,' he is perfectly capable of icing anyone, if he decides it’s in the best interest of the company. He does not think of employees as family, but as a sports team that has to win trophies."
  • "Strive for boredom": "That’s the only way original thought will have space in your mind to rise to the top."
Not feeling well at all, so take some cough syrup. He makes garlic green bean casserole for dinner (yum). Too tired to brush my teeth, so I do the activated charcoal mouthwash and head to bed around 11. 

Groceries = $17.25
Total = $17.25

No comments:

Post a Comment