Sunday, May 22, 2022

Money Diary #86

Morning: Up around 7, pack things into the car since I'm heading back to my parents this morning, and watch Netflix for a while. He leaves for his sailing event, and I brush my teeth. I leave around 8:15 and am back with parents by 9. Dad helps me unload the car: Mediterranean juices that I bought for them last month but forgot to bring back, 4 kinds of Thai curry paste that his sister brought back from her trip to Thailand, 2 boxes of Costco spring rolls, and 4 pairs of garden sandals from the Japanese store. Have breakfast of buttered bread, fried squash blossoms, and an omelette. Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • "Work should be a source of happiness": "Her imbalance is the happiness of her home life is unfairly dependent on her and her income."
  • "In crises, you have to survive in order to wait for the recovery & succeed": "Those that are not prepared do not last long enough to survive. If someone does not have enough to last one week, it won't matter if the crisis only lasts one month."
  • Book I want to read: Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
  • Five for Five Fish: "Consider downplaying the commiseration and talking about this with your partner way less. A therapist told me that most people think too much & talk WAY too much about 'their' problems. He tells everyone that when they have a thought that darks them out, they should Fish for Five Fish. Essentially, immediately make yourself think of 5 things that are better / going well."
Afternoon: Go shower, watch the French Open with Dad, and eat goat stew for lunch. Do a coconut oil pull. Fall asleep for 5 minutes until I hear my phone buzz with a work email. Review it and try to go back to napping. No luck, so I spend the afternoon reading Money Diaries (my favorite kind of afternoon!). An afternoon snack of tea and a coconut cracker. One of the Money Diaries mentions "English clotted cream," so I spend some time researching what that is & finding a nearby store that carries a small jar. Email SO that I'm interested in looking at it the next time we're near that store. Another MD makes me wonder if I wrote it, lol: "I've been stalking the menu, Yelp, and the restaurant's Insta for hours, so I already know what I want."

Evening: Dad is leaving for a work trip tomorrow, and he wants to leave really early in the morning, so we have dinner at 7. Goat stew for dinner, brush my teeth & do a coconut oil pull, and bed around 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment