Monday, May 16, 2022

Money Diary #80

Morning: Hear phone buzz, look through emails, and see that it's 6:30. Promptly fall back asleep until I hear another buzz a bit past 7:30. It's my boss who wants to see if we can move our 1:1 time. I head to the laptop, sign in, and reschedule our meeting tomorrow for this afternoon. I also have an email regarding the project I'm leading, so I review and send off a couple of comments for my manager & another colleague's feedback. Put on The Kardashians on Hulu while I work through my inbox. Eat another cookie from the golf tournament this weekend. SO texts about what I plan on doing for lunch, and I text back that I'll likely eat some of the food that Mom sent over. He also reminds me of the leftover fries from yesterday that are in my purse, haha. 

Afternoon: Eat lunch (cauliflower fried rice & spicy salmon), brush my teeth, and do the activated charcoal mouthwash. Head to the meeting with my boss. Once it's over, do a few action items and eat a sugar cookie. Marriage or Mortgage in the background. Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • Book I want to read: Set for Life: Dominate Life, Money, and the American Dream by Scott Trench 
  • "Is 'feel free to spend only the dividends but don't spend more than that' a sound strategy? Not just during volatility but at any time": "It is a safe withdrawal study in the sense that under this method, you obviously cannot spend the portfolio down to zero."
  • What is anxiety: "Anxiety is simply a lack of understanding."
  • Something to think about: "My everyday mundane working life isn't made any happier with takeaway coffees or lunches from delis every day."
  • How quickly things can change: "I was let go from a big tech firm after 10 years at age 45 despite winning a number of awards. It just took my manager moving to a different group, the new manager didn't know me, and saved his own staff during a RIF."
  • A good goal to have: "My uncle lived contently in an out-of-touch bubble. One of his favorite sayings was 'What does that have to do with me?' He didn't really care about -- and was barely aware of -- anything that didn't affect him directly. Selfish or wisdom, I don't know."
Evening: SO texts that he will be leaving work soon and that I should get dressed so we can leave as soon as he gets home. Once he is close to home, he sends another text, and I wait in the garage until he gets there a minute later. First stop is the Salvation Army to see if they have any hockey jerseys (they don't). Stop by the Albertsons next door for a quick bathroom break for me, and check to see if they have hockey jerseys (they don't). Head to the nearby Walmart and find a hockey t-shirt on sale for $14.98. When we go to pay, it's even less than that! ($9.74) Come back home, and nap for a bit. Text with a friend from my first job and tell her we just spent time in Walmart to find a hockey shirt so we can get the free Chipotle BOGO deal. She laughs and isn't surprised knowing me, lol. Head to Chipotle and get 8 (!!) chicken burritos. Once we get back home, we each eat one, and I also have some of Mom's cardamom pudding. He has some cauliflower fried rice & egg stew. Brush my teeth, do the activated charcoal mouthwash, and bed around midnight.

Clothing = $9.74

Total = $9.74

No comments:

Post a Comment