Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Money Diary #74

Morning: Up at 6, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Walk around for a while and then drink another cup of tea & eat buttered toast and a hard-boiled egg for breakfast. Parents go to the different location to try for freebies, and I go shower. Cut my toenails and then prep for my meetings today. Once parents are back, Mom tells me they didn't find any freebies but got more hashbrowns on sale. Jump on my 10 am call a bit before it starts and chat with a colleague. Meeting ends before 11:30, so I grab a drink of water and then head to my 11:30 call with my manager. I've given my noon call a heads up that I might be running late. 

Afternoon: I have a bunch of to do's following the meeting with my manager, so I jump on my noon call a bit late, and I'm thinking of what I need to do next. I weigh in with feedback on the noon call which thankfully ends within 30 minutes. I reach back out to my manager regarding next steps, and then execute. One more call at 1:30, and then I'm done with meetings for the day. A very late lunch of leftover lo mein at 2:15, and then I prep for tomorrow's meetings and respond to emails. Boss emails in the late afternoon with a question she'd like to connect on tomorrow, so I review her request and respond back with initial thoughts. Eat coconut crackers and air-fried spring rolls with a cup of tea for an afternoon snack.

Evening: I was going to try and wax my eyebrows today, but I am exhausted. Former coworker reaches out to chat, but I am all talked out from the meetings today & need some me time. I'll call her back later in the week. Veg on the couch, watch TV, and dinner is rice & spicy fish stew. I read how "I am all for total returns, but in retirement, when the market is down, I am glad I don't have to sell low in order to get my income -- rather, I can live off of my dividends." Do a coconut oil pull, brush teeth, and bed around 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment