Sunday, March 27, 2022

Money Diary #29

Morning: Hear the 6:15 alarm ring, get up, and brush my teeth. Shower, get dressed, and get ready to meet his friend before the car meetup this morning. We head to a Starbucks in the wealthiest part of town, and once we arrive, I love how this Starbucks looks and feels like a rustic Italian villa. He wants a cold brew and we use a pre-paid card (from more than 15 years ago!), so I don't count it when tallying up today's spend total. Friend arrives and gets a drink, and then we chat for a bit. We then all head to the car meetup, and I am so bored. It's the same cars, the same people, and the same conversations. Thankfully, the local Rotary club has free drinks so I initially grab a hot chocolate and then a lemonade as the morning goes (or rather . . . drags) on, lol. Another one of his friends and wife arrives, and I'm so happy to see her. We take pictures together. 11 o'clock rolls around, and we finally (!!) leave. Head to the nearby Target where he wants to get gold golf balls (lol), then to the Bath & Body Works next store to grab a free small mini lotion with our coupon, and finally to the Goodwill Boutique nearby. The regular prices here are like non-Goodwill prices, and even at half off purple tags, those prices are still too high for my taste. Though I tell SO we should stop by here anytime we're in the area since the quality of the clothes is really good. 

Afternoon: Lunch is Taco Bell (2 beefy melts and 3 chicken burritos for us) ($10.83) after which he drops me off at the local library and then goes to play tennis with his family friend. I thought this library would be bigger so I'm initially kind of disappointed. I find a comfy chair, plop down, and surf the web. As I'm sitting in the library, I realize that while it's on the smaller side, it's fairly cozy and has an okay-ish personal finance section. I pick up a couple of books that look quasi-interesting and migrate over to the soft chairs next to the floor-to-ceiling windows. I start reading one book and get bored within a few pages. I go back to surfing the web, reading various online articles, and end up reading my Python book. Bookmark p. 34 as the starting point for next time. SO asks how I feel about Olive Garden for dinner with the family friends. I'm okay with OG and he picks me up from the library around 5:30. His friend's wife sends the pictures from this morning, and sigh, I look so heavy. I start to come up with a plan on figuring out how to lose weight.

Evening: Head back to the family friends' place and hang out with all the kids for a while. There are four kids and the mom. The eldest just got accepted with a full-ride to our state's top college and received an acceptance from UC Berkeley as well. After half an hour, we all head to OG for dinner. SO gets unlimited soup and salad and I get the Tour of Italy with zuppa toscana. It's all really tasty but so filling. I also eat like 10 Andes chocolates at the end of the meal and am stuffed. As soon as we say our goodbyes and are back in the car, I immediately unzip my jeans as they are uncomfortably too tight, lol. Make a quick stop at the wealthy town's Kroger and I immediately notice how there aren't any clearance racks. I tell SO that the citizens of this wealthy town probably expect to pay full price for everything, lol. We grab a couple of Bang energy drinks that we have coupons for ($1.72). Head home, pour a glass of Space Coke (which is disgusting and tastes like a gingerbread/red velvet cake drink), and watch him play GT7 for a while. Apparently while watching him, I fall asleep on the couch around 10, feel someone hug me & ask if I want to head to bed, and then ultimately migrate over to bed around 11.  

Eating out = $10.83

Groceries = $1.72

Total = $12.55

No comments:

Post a Comment