Thursday, March 24, 2022

Money Diary #27

Morning: Wake up at 6:45, brush my teeth, and log into my 7 o'clock webcast. Parents head out to grab Chick-Fil-A for breakfast. Some emails come in that I respond to. Once parents return, I have a chicken biscuit, some hashbrowns, and a cup of "tea coffee" for breakfast (essentially mixing in Chick-Fil-A roasted coffee with black tea and then adding milk and sugar). After the webcast, I have two back-to-back video calls, so I get camera ready for those. Once those calls end, I take a shower and eat an early lunch before my noon call. Lunch is rice and spicy tilapia stew.

Afternoon: The noon meeting goes well, I set up a follow-up call, and then jump on a two-hour meeting. A project comes in, so I focus on the parts that need my review and schedule to do it tomorrow. Once the call ends, I log off for the day and get ready to head back to SO's place. Set a reminder to myself to call my former coworker back later today. Eat a snack of an Amy's burrito and tea. Head back to SO's place and unload stuff from the car. A couple of emails have come in, so I respond and complete a few things for work. I've been toying with the idea of learning Python, and I find a book that's geared towards beginners wanting to learn practical applications of it. I start reading it, jotting down some notes, and bookmark p. 24 as the starting point for next time. SO texts that he had a huge team building lunch of tacos so we'll probably not head to Ikea today for dinner.

Evening: I call my former coworker and we end up chatting for almost 2 hours. After SO gets home from work in the midst of the call, he lies in bed and plays on the phone. After the call with my former worker ends, it's a bit past 7 and we head to the nearby golf & tennis store to pick up his racket that he had strung. Stay there for a bit while he tests out various golf clubs and then we head to Winco. We walk around and price check things given inflation these days. Back home, eat the last Insomnia Cookie (peanut butter), and he makes rice. We have that with the last of the Japanese chicken curry and bed around 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment