Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Money Diary #120

Morning: Hear him check his phone and proclaim that his car meetup actually starts at 8, instead of 9, lol. Jump out of bed, wash my face & brush my teeth, and get dressed. Download a coupon for free sausages from Albertsons. Head out around 7:15, and when we get there, I get the feeling this won't be super organized. It's very hot outside, and we meet up with a friend of his that is also at the event. The guys hang out, and after 30 minutes, I decide to head to the nearby hotel. Head to the bathroom, and shortly after settling on the couch, he calls me & asks I want to go with them to the nearby Starbucks. I meet up with them and walk over to Starbucks. His friend gets us a pineapple coconut drink, which is pretty tasty. Afterwards, his friend leaves & we head to Barnes & Noble. I look at the personal finance books and then we head to Costco. He goes to the bathroom and as he is walking out, one of the sample ladies says hello & he tells her that we'll see her out there, haha. 

Afternoon: After Costco, we go to the PGA Store & Marshalls (where he gets a pair of Kenneth Cole shorts) and then to Albertsons where we each grab a package of free sausages. Then to my favorite burger place for lunch where he gets a double hamburger meal that comes with a free limited time bacon burger ($10.60). I have a ton of one dollar bills, so I pay with those. I have $2 remaining that I give to SO since I know he'll want to buy a lottery ticket at some point, haha. We eat lunch, and the bacon burger is super tasty, yum. We plan on heading home, but once we're in the car, decide to head to IKEA instead. IKEA is having its mid-summer event, and there's a wheel of fortune game in the front of the store. We stand in line, I spin the wheel, and win candles or a hat. I tell SO that I want the hat, so we get that. As soon as we're done spinning, I guess the game is over even though a line had formed behind us. We walk around the store, and I'm super proud of the hat, lol. Once we're at the end of the store, we decide to head back to the cafeteria where he grabs us a couple of fountain drinks. We sit for a while and enjoy soda (pear & diet cola for me). Head home after that and pass out on the couch. 

Evening: Dinner is Japanese chicken curry (yum), brush my teeth & do the activated charcoal mouthwash, and bed around midnight.

Eating out = $10.60

Lottery tickets = $2

Total = $12.60

No comments:

Post a Comment