Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Money Diary #61

Morning: Up at 7, brush my teeth, and drink a cup of tea. Mom tells me mangos are on sale at Albertsons for 3 for $1, so I download that digital coupon. Log into my 8:30 call, and the computer promptly logs me off a few minutes later. I restart and sign in again. Jump on my 9 am meeting that ends in 15 minutes. Walk around a bit and then go shower. Keep an eye out on my inbox and have a very early lunch of cauliflower fried rice & fish stew at 11:15 since I have a meeting that starts at noon. Do a coconut oil pull.

Afternoon: Noon meeting goes until almost 3, whew. Eat a couple of Lindor chocolates & prep for tomorrow's meetings. An afternoon snack of tea. Read for a while, and here is what I learn:

  • "Having so much of your self-worth wrapped up in something as fickle as your career is really tough."
  • "Live where your money goes the farthest."
  • "Hard work isn't enough without luck and opportunity."
  • "My net worth isn't based on my productivity and how busy I am doesn't equate to how happy I am."
  • "It is easier to make money work out when you are happy than it is to make yourself happy at a job you don't care for."
  • Remember to honor the journey: "In the few weeks before I graduated from school, I took some time to visit my favorite spots on campus and reflect on the overall experience. Graduating was exciting, but I wanted to honor the journey too."

Evening: Walk around some more and watch TV. Dinner is a smorgasbord of stuff: cauliflower fried rice, aubergine, fish stew, cucumbers, and some really old Ben & Jerry's Coffee! Coffee! Buzz! Buzz! LOL. Do a coconut oil pull, brush my teeth, and bed around 10:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment