Friday, March 4, 2022

Money Diary #7

Morning: Wake up around 7:30, and promptly fall back into bed. Turn on my laptop around 8, do a project that came in, and migrate to the couch around 10. No meetings today, so I watch The Mentalist and keep an eye out on email. He calls the nearby Gamestop since Gran Turismo 7 came out today. The store has a couple of copies left, so I put my hair in a ponytail, grab a sweatshirt, and we head out. He gets the last copy and we head back home. He warms up leftover pasta, and we have that for lunch. 

Afternoon: I move back to the couch and watch The Mentalist. He joins me and lays his head on my hip as we find out who Red John is. See that a project has come in for work, so I do that and log off for the day. We are heading up to his friend's place later today, so I finally get up around 2:30, brush my teeth, and wash my hair & shampoo. Get dressed (leggings, t-shirt, and light jacket) and we head out. There's a grocery store near his friend's place that my parents like to visit, so I call them and see if they want anything. Mom says they do and to call her once we're in the store. Stop by Bath & Body Works, liberally spray myself with Teakwood, and see if we can use our free item coupon. There's nothing that catches our eye, so we head to the TJ Maxx next door. He gets a dog toy for his friend's Golden Retriever and then we head to the grocery store. Get to the store, call my mom, and get snacks, veggies, and flour for them ($22.42). Finally get to his friend's place and decide to go to Chick-Fil-A for dinner.

Evening: He gets a Spicy Chicken Deluxe meal with Coke Zero and I get a Regular Chicken Sandwich meal with sweet tea. Had a free sandwich coupon so it's $13.30. His friend's kids play in the CfA playroom for a while, we all get refills, and then we head back to the friend's place. He and his friend play GT7 while I make a pillow fort and take a catnap. His friend's MIL comes in and says her daughter (friend's wife) wants SO to take the Golden Retriever since the dog is the subject of many fights between friend and his wife because the puppy is so hyper. The wife was the one who wanted the dog, so I silently roll my eyes. (A couple of weeks ago, SO asked how I felt about getting the dog, and it was a pass for me.) Since we had CfA today, I need to find where we're going to have lunch tomorrow (our initial plan was to have CfA tomorrow). I find a Chinese place that looks tasty and send that over to SO for his thoughts. Make plans to meet up with parents around 9 tomorrow morning to drop off the groceries. SO and his friend play GT7 for the next few hours, another friend stops by around 9:30, and I see that a work email has come in (I always have my work phone on me). Apparently, the department is having a "welcome back from quarantine" lunch at HQ in a few days, and someone's manager asked them to accept the invite. That someone replied back to everyone in the department and bluntly stated they weren't comfortable coming back in. Daang on copying the entire department, but good for them for expressing how they really feel. We head out around 11. Back home, drink some sweet tea, and bed around midnight.

Groceries = $22.42
Eating out = $13.30
Total = $35.72 

No comments:

Post a Comment